Monday, September 27, 2010

Limerick--The Obscure Woman

A woman who yearned for great fame
Had a long, unpronounceable name.
When asked, Are you mad?
She said, Not at my dad,
It's really my mother I blame.

He wanted to christen me Jane.
She said, Oh my dear, that's too plain
Let's call her Ophelia,
Lorraine, or Amelia
or Opheliaamelialorraine!

I could change it to Jean or Marie
And be famous in no time, said she,
But I'd come back to town
As a woman of renown
And no one would know it was me!

4 comments:

  1. Clever, fame in obscurity. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nicely framed!! A beautiful limerick again.. you took me back to my childhood.. :D I had read the form in one of the books.. but never again- until now.. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greetings, How are you?
    It is a thrill to pay you a visit today!
    We have some special awards/treats for week 11 participants, and
    Old poems, or poems unrelated to our theme are welcome .
    Hope to see you in..
    http://jinglepoetry.blogspot.com/2010/11/poetry-potluck-magic-miracles-wonder.html
    We treasure your support !
    Have A Terrific Wednesday!
    Happy Thanksgiving Ahead!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete